Support Your Health With Olive Leaf Infusion
Revered by the ancient Greeks, olive trees are formidable and can live for thousands of years, living through droughts, floods, plagues and climate change. We all know that olives, and olive oil have been consumed in the Mediterranean basin throughout history, but did you know that at the same time the leaves were being used in traditional medicine? Olive leaf infusion may have several potent health benefits. The leaves contain oleuropein, a phenolic acid with powerful antioxidant activity, which is difficult to find elsewhere in such great amounts. In fact studies suggest that oleuropein can be found in abundance within olive leaves versus both olive oil and olives. According to the International Journal of Molecular Sciences there are 1,450mg total phenolics/100g fresh leaf vs. 110mg/100g fruit and 23 mg/100ml extra virgin olive oil. Given dried leaves form about 20% of the weight of fresh leaves, that figure becomes 7,250mg, so 5g of dried leaves is the equivalent of 329g of olives, that's 65 times more!
Here are some of the health properties you may expect to find:
- Supports the body's immune system;
- May affect the regulation of thyroid hormone levels;
- Significantly improves the appearance of the skin and reduces wrinkles;
- May reduce the severity of acne;
- May be used in the treatment of diabetes;
- Great for circulatory and cardiovascular health;
- Has antibacterial and antiviral properties;
- Helps with inflammation;
- May help prevent weight gain; and
- Great for brain health.
Shop and Learn More About Our Organic Olive Leaf Infusion Now